Monday, June 23, 2008

Maybe You Can Put a Price on Innovation

I know that I'm tired of my manager hassling me about showing results now, and not letting me work on projects that will pay off in the future. It turns out that investors are not as short-sighted as big business has traditionally thought. A professor at University of Southern California's Marshall School of Business has researched information dating back to the 1970's, showing that stock prices have reacted as favorably to announcements about long-term research projects as much as to information about short-term profitability, if not more so. That's something they need to start drilling into the heads of tomorrow's MBA's!

Digg this Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

The header image is adapted from a photo taken by Bill McChesney and used under a creative commons license.
 
ss_blog_claim=59c833aa066112eeabade1b22648d49b ss_blog_claim=59c833aa066112eeabade1b22648d49b