Monday, November 24, 2008

How Far Would You Go to Avoid Scarring?

I thought it was just a fad, but apparently having major surgery via your vagina is the next big thing. It almost makes me wish I had a vagina; I feel like I'm missing out.

Anyway, having surgeons go in through your "natural orifices" is supposed to mean less time healing and no external scarring, but since you're already having surgeons cram things into your body unnaturally, you might as well go whole hog and just have them cut you open.

This time around, they did it for more than just weight loss. Surgeons at UC California Medical Center actually repaired a hernia.

I think this is going to end up as bad news for dudes, though. It scares me to think of where they'd want to put the instruments.

Digg this Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

The header image is adapted from a photo taken by Bill McChesney and used under a creative commons license.
 
ss_blog_claim=59c833aa066112eeabade1b22648d49b ss_blog_claim=59c833aa066112eeabade1b22648d49b