Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rockin' New Particle

Are you as excited about the new Omega b baryon as I am?

I know, right? It's totally awesome. Just last month I was lying in bed worrying about how we'd ever understand how matter was formed, and whether we'd languish for years before finding specific evidence proving the critical success of the quark model, giving us new insight into the strong force that binds quarks together to form larger particles. And POW, it seems like almost no time elapsed before my concerns were addressed.

Wait, was I really wondering that, or did I just totally steal that from the article? Sorry about that. Still, science discovers some pretty weird stuff.

Digg this Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

The header image is adapted from a photo taken by Bill McChesney and used under a creative commons license.
 
ss_blog_claim=59c833aa066112eeabade1b22648d49b ss_blog_claim=59c833aa066112eeabade1b22648d49b